Not A Typical Teenager: Time Management

Saturday, 17 January 2015

Time Management

This year is a big year for me. I'm leaving a school that I have attended for the last 5 years to move onto sixth form. This is scary but exciting. I don't know whether or not everyone of my friends will be going to where I go as the one is battling to get to where I'm going.


This year I'm also doing my silver DofE (Duke of Edinburgh), this is an award that you can gain in the UK for volunteering, doing a skill and something physical.


I am also going to be continuing with piano lessons, violin lessons (as well as doing my grade 5 in violin) and young fire fighters.


This means I do not have a lot of spare time and have to manage it well. This is difficult to begin with but it does get easier. Here is how to cope under a lot of pressure and doing a lot of extra curricular activities.


Sleep

When I say sleep I mean properly sleep. For 8 hours a night. This helps you stay awake and alert during the day, as well as focus on the tasks at hand.


Stop procrastinating


Start homework and anything else you have to do (like chores) you're given sooner rather than later as otherwise you won't have time for any extras.


Be organised


Make sure your time is well managed by allocating certain amounts of time to carry out different tasks.


Prioritise


Do the most important things first.


These should help. Or at least I hope they do.


Stay Un-Typical


Ashleigh xxx







No comments :

Post a Comment