Not A Typical Teenager: Finding Friends

Sunday, 1 March 2015

Finding Friends

I started high school at the same age as everyone else. When I was in primary school , I had a very tight, secure group of friends and I got along with tem all really well, but I was always told that I would drift from all of my friends in high school and meet a group of new friends.

So I went to high school and we were all split up and put into different classes and I was put with one of my closest friends Bethan (click her name for her blog), and we stayed really close, but we weren't really part of a tight group. It was like this through years 7 and 8. I didn't really feel like I was part of a group. Then, in year 9, all of our form classes were mixed up and I was put in a class with some very different people and I had to adjust. I didn't know at the time that I would end up really close with these people. Then these people introduced me to a couple of more people and by the start of year 10, I finally felt like I belonged somewhere; but at the beginning of year 10 was when my current group of friends formed.

We were all shuffled around form classes again and I was back with Bethan. We had drifted a little through year 9, but being in the same form class again brought us back together. I was in a science class with new people and that was where a friendship formed between me and Katie.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that high school can be a scary place, and you don't always find your friends straight away. It took me 4 years to feel comfortable and I still don't feel like I fit in, but that's okay; because none of my friends do.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment