Not A Typical Teenager: Being a Good Friend

Sunday, 31 May 2015

Being a Good Friend

This post kind of links to a post that I recently read by Katie over at Funsize Beauty, so you may want to give that a read before this.

Katie is one of my closest friends, and she is really really lovely. And even though she tries to put on a brave face and be this smiley bubbly person all of the time, just like the rest of us, she gets quite emotional.

I can understand that people do not want to share things like that with me. When I feel sad, I cry no matter who I'm with. This is because it's easier to show people what I feel and explain to them what is wrong than keep it bottled up and have to stay as bubbly. That just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, I can completely understand why Katie doesn't want to tell me when she feels this way. But what I can't undersatnd is why she would lie to go home, or tell us the next day that she was up until 1am crying and didn't want to text anyone because she felt like she was bugging people.

The whole point, I think, of being having friends is so that you can have people to laugh with, and cry with, and share memories with. But they should also be someone who you can look to for comfort, and the fact that she thinks that if she calls me at 1 in the morning will bug me, well doesn't that just make me a bad friend?

So I guess what I'm trying to say is this; Katie, I don't care what time it is and what state you are in, call me at whatever time you need. Don't be afraid that I'm just going to say no, because I won't. I don't care if you're drowning in your own tears, just give me a call and I'll try my best to help you, because when you tell me the next day you were up until 2 crying, or that you lied when you left because you were sobbing, that makes me feel like an atrocious friend. Even if it's just to tell me there is something wrong, and then go. Just don't lie to me about it

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment