Not A Typical Teenager: Duke of Edinburgh

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Duke of Edinburgh

The Duke of Edinburgh, (DofE), is a qualification that you can do in the UK (not really sure about other parts of the world) and is apparently a highly respected one at that.

For your DofE, you have to complete 4 different sections. A volunteering, a physical, a skill and an expedition.

The first three are simple. You do a skill, you volunteer or do sport for one hour a week for 3, 6,12 or 18 months (depending on what level you are doing: bronze; silver; or gold). the expedition is, however, slightly more difficult. When I did my bronze we had to camp for one night, and it was a tremendous experience, but was also tough.

Now, I am doing my silver, which means we camp for 2 night and walk for 3 days with 2 stone backpacks on our back. It's a challenge but I can't wait.

So if you are thinking of doing your DofE, I would recommend it. It's a really fun experience.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment