Not A Typical Teenager: The Fear of Growing Up

Wednesday, 17 June 2015

The Fear of Growing Up

Why are we all so scared of growing up?

I have recently realised that growing up is not what we are afraid of. We are afraid of the unknown.

I have always been really very excited to leave school, and now I have left, (but that is another story for another day). I am really very excited for summer, because I know what is coming. Endless days of late morning lie ins and late night, emotional conversations with friends, that all ask the most philosophical questions. However, in September, I start a new school filled with lots of new people.

This is really exciting, but scary. It means I'm growing up. I'm going to do my A Levels, which is again really scary, and lead to the next step of my life.

Growing up isn't really scary, for age is just a number. What come with it is the unknown; and that is what is scary.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment