Not A Typical Teenager: Review: Tanglewood Soprano Ukulele

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Review: Tanglewood Soprano Ukulele

I recently bought a ukulele, (as some of you may know), and when I was looking around for the best ukulele as a beginner, I wanted to get the best value for money. I wasn't really sure what kind of ukulele I needed either.

Then, I went to see Dodie Clark lie and afterwards, when I spoke to her (ahhhhh!!!), she recommended Tanglewood. I gave it a google and I picked out a soprano ukulele.

If you are going to buy a ukulele as a beginner, do not buy a cheapy £20 uke. I say this for 2 reasons:
1) You have to tune them up over and over again, (more so than any other new instrument).
2) The sound isn't as good and will last you until you learn howto play your first chord, when you will need something better.

My ukulele cost me £68, but has since gone down in price to about £50. I would highly recommend the uke I've got because it stays in tune and makes a pleasant sound with the strings that are originally on it. I know that £50 sounds like a lot for a beginners ukulele, but it will last you a long time and remains suitable even if you become a more addvanced ukulele player. The tuning pegs do become loose every so often, but that is very easily fixed by turning the pegs ever so slightly so that the instrument remains in tune and the peg stays still.

Overall, I would recommend this ukulele to anyone who is thinking about starting to play and going to take it to a reasonable level. It has 15 frets, but is cheaper than a concert ukulele, which only has 3 more frets than this, but can cost up to £20 more.

If you are interested in buying your own ukulele, please click the following link: Tanglewood Tribal Spirit Travel Soprano Ukulele. This link will take you to the amazon page of the ukulele I have. Please take a look.

I hope you have enjoyed my review.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment