Not A Typical Teenager: 3 Issues of Braces

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

3 Issues of Braces

I have had braces for just under 4 years now, and I have to admit that they aren't all that bad NOW. (To hear about my whole experience so far, click here).Since I have had them, I have learned how to deal with them, so here are a few struggles you can expect:

Food gets stuck in them - a lot
If I have learnt anything from having braces, it would be don't eat bread when you are no where near a toothbrush or water to sloosh around in your mouth and always carry a toothpick (or a bobby pin in emergencies).

Having them tightened hurts
Try your best not to have an appointment at the orthodontist less than 4 days before an event you will be eating at, because if you do, you'll be eating soup.

The wax is useless
So when you first have 'train tracks' you will be given this wax that is made out of vegetable oil (I think), just in case the braces start to rub the inside of your mouth, and they will. The thing about this wax is that you can only apply it to dry places, which is unbelievably stupid because your mouth is wet. When you eventually manage to get it on your teeth, it will last at most an hour, and it comes off when you eat.

These are 3 of the issues I have had. Have you had braces? Have you got any issues to add?

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

3 comments :

  1. I haven't had braces (yet), though my dentist keeps bugging my parents to get me some. Part of me is kind of afraid because I've heard how awful they are, but the other part of me thinks straight teeth would be worth it. I don't know... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to have them and you live in the Uk, have them on the NHs, because if you go private it costs like £2500 to have lumps of metal stuck to your teeth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. I live in the US, actually, but thank you! :D

      Delete