Not A Typical Teenager: Youtube vs Blogging

Thursday, 6 August 2015

Youtube vs Blogging

I have had a YouTube channel for about 8 months and a blog for 14. Having done a little bit of both and having read other blogs and watched other you-tubers, I have definitely picked a favourite.

When social networks first became a big thing, I think youtube was definitely the one we should have picked. I say this because there are people making millions form posting videos online, whereas people who are on tumblr don't make money from tumblr.

I started a YouTube channel to promote my music and to show people what I can do, but it kind of feels like I'm just jumping on the band wagon. Doing something that everyone else is doing. I think that because a few people have done incredibly well, a lot of people think they can have the same success, and it's just not the case.

I feel that blogging is so much easier for me personally. When you create a video, a lot of editing has to happen and uploads take forever, whereas with blogging the words just seem to flow out of me. An idea is enough for a good blog post.

Plus, everyone in the blogging community is so nice. No one has ever said anything bad to me and all criticism is done so politely that it is more difficult to feel offended than not.

I prefer blogging because it is so much easier to connect, and I feel there is less of a hierarchy.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment