Not A Typical Teenager: Gaining a friend

Friday, 30 October 2015

Gaining a friend

I did a post sometime last year about losing a friend (click here for this post), and this is sort of carrying on from that. Very loosely.

When I say it carries on, the person I am referring to in this post is the same girl I stopped talking to.

Over the last 6 months, we have gotten closer again. And now, even though we are in different schools/colleges, we are as close as ever, and this is a really good thing, because it means that I can still go to her with my issues.

Don't get me wrong, I do still have other friends that I can go to with my issues, but in my opinion, if I am telling you my issues, then it should go vice versa. This isn't because I feel the if I tell you something  then you should tell me something. However, if you feel then you can't tell me your issues, then you won't give mean honest opinion, and sometimes I need that more than I need a shoulder to cry on.

It's really nice that we are close again, because I missed her so so much. And, like I said, I do have other friends who I am just as close with. But there is something about talking to friends you've known for ages. Friends who you have that many memories with just cannot be replaced, and I'd say that I have 3 friends like that. 3 friends that I have known for that long. 3 classics.

I would say that if you have drifted from a friend and you miss them that much, the best thing you can do is talk to them. Pop up on facebook, send them a text, go and knock their front door and ask for them. It may be awkward at first, but you'll be thankful that you made the first move and that things are okay now.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx


2 comments :

  1. yh,dats right,why keep the relationship bad,nothing goes well when its bad.kudos to you for taking the step,not everybody can do that.@baybloggs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was good for me to step back, but I'm glad that we are friends again now :)

      Delete