Not A Typical Teenager: 5 Top Tips for Dealing With Stress

Sunday, 29 November 2015

5 Top Tips for Dealing With Stress

I am a 16 year old girl doing 4 A levels, an accounting course, and extra curricular activities. I think it's needless to say I stress out a lot. I find myself breaking down into floods of tears and not knowing what to do with myself. However, over the last year, I have found out some things that can help my stressing out.

1) Do something you love 
It's important to keep some time for yourself and to use that time to do something you enjoy. For me it tends to be reading, writing, playing an instrument or meeting up with my friends. Find something that calms you down.

2) If you use social media, don't let it cause you more stress
If this is what you want to do with your spare time, then it can be okay. But I usually find if I have a spare hour and I spend the hour scrolling through my Facebook news feed, I come away feeling like I haven't really accomplished anything. If I spend an hour blogging or networking and promoting my blog on twitter I don't feel so bad. I feel like I have done something useful.

3) Try to combat what is stressing you out
What usually stresses me out these days is the thought of having to sit eight A level exams in the summer. So sometimes, the best thing I can do to combat my stress is some revision, because at least then I can say that I have done something productive towards what is stressing me out.

4) Sleep well
A bit of an obvious one really, but sleep can really help to put your mind at ease and help you to work more productively throughout the day.

5) Rant to someone
If there's anything I know, it's that sometimes all you need is a good shout about what it is that is stressing you out and a ear to listen to it. It can be surprisingly helpful. If you need someone to rant to, my inbox is always open. bracesandglasses128@gmail.com

Thanks for reading my top tips. If you have any to add, let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

image via here

No comments :

Post a Comment