Not A Typical Teenager: Feeling Positive, Thinking Positive

Sunday, 8 November 2015

Feeling Positive, Thinking Positive

This week has been a pretty good week in terms of my blog and my music. One day this week, I had my first email off of someone who reads my blog, and it was so exciting for me. It was the first time I really properly realised that people actually read my blog.

When I first started blogging, I have to admit that a lot of it was about the numbers. Number of people viewing my blog, the number of followers. Blogging was a chore just so that I could get more followers. More viewers. As I started to get into it a bit more and blog about things I actually cared about, the numbers became less relevant. I cared more about what I was writing than who was reading it. I started to get a few more comments on my posts, and this mattered to me a lot more than views, because it showed that people were actually reading entire posts and responding to them.

So when I received an email off of someone who read my blog this week, I felt so happy. It was really cool to be able to talk to someone directly about my writing and learn more about someone who already knows so much about me. I really hope that I will get to talk to her more often.

I also had something really lovely written about my song fitting in. It read:

"Very solid lyricism, your phrasing is deliberate without sacrificing syllable patterns or rhyme. I appreciate the positive themes to your music as well, it's not something easy to maintain without coming off like a bad disney special and you certainly are not that. Good job. :)

This is, again, something that made me really happy. To know that people are listening to my music and telling me what they like about it, it's really amazing. It really does make me so happy to read and to continue writing both my blog and my music.

I'd like to thank you all so much for your support. It means the world to me that you are reading this. It means so much to me that people are getting in touch. I would love to hear from more of you. If you want to get in touch with me, email me at bracesandglasses128@gmail.com

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

image via here

2 comments :

  1. Hi :) This is the first I have come across you. I may hang around I may not but just thought I'd say good job! Well done for putting yourself out there and your blog has reached all the way over to me in Australia. goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really hope you do decide to stick around, but if not, thank you for visiting in the first place and for leaving such a lovely comment

      Delete