Not A Typical Teenager: All The Bright Places - A Kind Of Review

Sunday, 20 December 2015

All The Bright Places - A Kind Of Review


THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST

I read a book recently called all of the bright places, (which you can purchase here). This book is pretty sad, and I cried more than once because I can sort of relate to one of the characters. It’s a fantastic book, and I praise Jennifer Niven for blessing the world with this book, because even if it is sad; it’s real. Not real in the sense that it actually happened, but real in the sense that it can be related to. You can relate to Finch and his feeling of being ‘asleep’ and awake. You can relate to Violet and her feelings. She feels stuck and doesn’t know how to move forward.

I spoke to a friend who has suffered with mental health issues, and he said he related to the feeling of Asleep and Awake, and so it's definitely worth the read if you have struggled to talk to people about mental health issues and you want someone to relate to. It talks about the topic of mental health, and that’s something we need to talk about.
I’m not writing this post to talk about the book, (even though that’s all I’ve done so far!). I’m writing this post to talk about an idea within the book that I really like.

Basically, within the book, Finch, one of the main characters, has a wall. He calls this wall many things, but the idea is that anything he feels or thinks or any ideas that he has he can put on his wall with sticky notes. I think this is a fantastic idea, and I have bought a little pin board to fill with thoughts and ideas and memories and pictures and everything else that goes through my mind. A map of the mind.


The picture to the right shows you what I have done. I took his picture offline because my board isn't this full - I only started it on Sunday! But this is what I hope mine will eventually look like. I want it to be full.

I hope that this post has inspired you to read All The Bright Places or make your own pin board/wall. If you do decide to create a pin board/wall, make sure to email me or tweet me some pictures using the links at the bottom of this post so I can see how awesome they all look. (I'm generally a very nosy person). I hope to have pictures of mine up soon.
Thanks for reading. I hope to see some pictures soon !!

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx



No comments :

Post a Comment