Not A Typical Teenager: Late Night Thoughts

Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Late Night Thoughts

I am currently sat in bed writing this from my phone.

I don't need to look pretty. I don't need to do my hair or make up. I can just type my thoughts and that is enough.

I love this blog. It's like my own little corner of the Internet. My own little space where I can type my thoughts and pick my font and chose my background. I get to decide what you know about me and what you don't. I can talk about whatever I like without having to fear what people have to say.

This is why I blog more than I post videos on YouTube. I don't fear someone pulling my blog up in school in fear that they will find something embarrassing, because this is my little corner, where I get to write. I do fear someone pulling up my youtube, because I am aware that I am not the prettiest. I am aware that my videos aren't the best quality. And I do not need to be reminded of that.

With YouTube, I feel the need to edit a lot out of my videos in fear of looking imperfect. On my blog I can just write. I don't draft and edit for hours on end because I just want to write and for people to hear my thoughts. On my blog, I can have my imperfections comfortably and I can share them quite openly.

I love sharing my songs on youtube, and I think it probably works best if I do just that with it, share my songs; because I  would much rather sit back and type for 20 minutes and not care about being imperfect, than spend three hours on a YouTube video because I feel like I can't have any flaws.

Stay Un-typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment