Not A Typical Teenager: Views of A-Levels after 15 weeks / A Tevel Tips

Sunday, 10 January 2016

Views of A-Levels after 15 weeks / A Tevel Tips

I did a post similar to this during October half term (click here for that), and this is just an update to that really. Some of my points will possibly be repeated, but this is my new updated list of both views about a levels and tips to help you

Teachers do still care
The teachers don't really care whether you do your homework anymore. They really aren't that bothered. They won't go over things that your struggling with because you did badly in your homework. You have to pursue your teacher to get any help, otherwise they think your doing fine and won't bother helping you at all. They care about helping if you care about passing.

Use your frees wisely
If  you use your frees you can help yourself tremendously. Getting homework done, doing some revision. It all adds up and it will help you in the long run. Hopefully it will help you to do better in your subjects.

Make extra notes
I don't know about wordy subjects, but in my subjects, (further maths, physics and computing), taking extra notes can be really helpful and can give you some advantages in exams and such. It may mean that you know how to answer a question that others may not know the answer to. Make notes of what the teacher says during explanation. Not just what the tell you to write.

Make time to do nothing
Over Christmas, I did 0 hours of work. I did no homework, no revision, I just sat and binge watched Grey's anatomy for 2 weeks solid, (as well as seeing family, celebrating Christmas, etc). This was probably the best thing I could have done. I went back to school on Tuesday and over the last 5 days, I have done 12 hours of work in my free time. It has made me a lot more productive.

I think that's all I have to add, but please be sure to add any tips in the comments and ask any questions. If you see a question you can answer, feel free to add your own perspective.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx





4 comments :

  1. I loved this post!!! A Levels are so time consuming and make me sooo stressed out! It's nice to see the view of others x

    good luck in your studies chick!<3

    confessionsofannabnana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm finding them okay, but I like numbers. What are you doing for a level? Whatever it is I hope you do fantastically in it and good luck for the rest of your studies xx

      Delete
  2. Great post Ashleigh!
    Seems like you're settling in to your A-Level courses well. You're right, you will get what you put in so stick at it and keep up the good work.

    Jenna
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm settling okay and am working my backside off at the minute :S xx

      Delete