Not A Typical Teenager: 6 Fantastic Artists That You Need To Listen To

Wednesday, 11 May 2016

6 Fantastic Artists That You Need To Listen To

Music is practically guaranteed to calm me in any situation: whether I'm listening or playing. Music has touched my life in so many different ways and I am so thankful for that. I can feel music in my bones when I listen to it, and there are some songs which just make my hairs stand on end.

Since music is something I'm so passionate about, I thought I'd do a list of my favorite artists, so here goes.

1) Nina Nesbitt
I discovered Nina because one of the girls in school had raved about her and showed me her song We'll Be Back For More and I was hooked. Her voice is so great and if you like acoustic, positive stuff, Nina Nesbitt is the artist for you. Her music makes me so so happy, and I just ant to be her. Here's her album Peroxide.

2) U2
This one is my dad's fault. He used to put me on his shoulders when I was about 3 and dance about to the song Elevation. Since then, I've loved them. This picture to the left isn't of U2, (NO WAY!!!) but of a very happy Ashleigh while they played my favorite song  City of Blinding Lights (thanks to the Devil Wears Prada, which has an awesome soundtrack). Here's the album The Joshua Tree.


3) Avril Lavigne
I loved the song Skater Boy when it first came on the radio and when I used to listen to pop party 1 on repeat. Now I have 33 Avril Lavigne songs on my phone and cannot wait for her to tour the UK so I can go see her live. Her music is great, and I don't think she ages at all. I really enjoy her old stuff, but I do like her new album called Avril Lavigne.

4) 2Cellos
2Cellos are exactly what it says on the tin; 2 cello players. They play covers of songs on the cello. I first found them when I saw them cover Where The Streets Have No Name. They play so amazingly and it's so cool to think that it's just 2 instruments. The atmosphere that all of their live concerts looks fantastic. Here's their album 2Cellos.


5) He is We
This band originally came up on my news feed on Facebook with the song I wouldn't mind playing over an animated video (click here). I thought this song was very pretty and the vocals just incredible. I started listening to more of their stuff and still listen now.
Here's the link to their album My Forever.

6) The Vitamin String Quartet
I really enjoy classical covers of popular songs. I first heard these in the finale of a modern family season with the song Home, although I started to really listen to them after I heard their cover of the song Riptide. I can't link a specific album for these because they do such a mix and I can't pick, but I'm sure you can find one of you have a nose.

These are only some of my favorite artists. I thought I'd share this with you because music calms me, and I love finding new artists and new music to listen to. What music calms you down? Do you have any artists for me to listen to? Pleas let me know in the comments or on twitter.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx





No comments :

Post a Comment