Not A Typical Teenager: Trying To Be Positive

Sunday, 5 June 2016

Trying To Be Positive

"Why do I even bother?"

I am usually a very positive person, and I am usually very motivated. I enjoy blogging and I enjoy vlogging, but now and again I get a wave of "Ash, what are you doing? Why are you doing all of this?" I think we can all admit we've been there, sdstaring at a blank page or a freshly finished blog post or song or piece of art and just thinking "Why did I bother?"

Yesterday I posted a cover of Stitches on my YouTube (you can view here), and when I put it up I was really proud of it. It took me ages to film and I really love the song, but the quality isn't there equipment wise. I used my phone because my camera was playing up and the back up melodies don't sound as good as I wanted and I was just really gutted because I tried so hard and what I ended up with wasn't what I wanted.

It just made me think "Why do I even try". And it can be difficult to boost yourself after working hard and not thinking the final product is up to scratch. When you invest yourself into something, you want it to be awesome.

If this is you now, I have something to remind you. The reason you started blogging or drawing or singing was because you enjoyed it. You started because it made you feel great to be good at something and have a creative outlet and it made you happy. One bad piece doesn't end you; and others may not think it's bad. Others might think it's great. Just because it isn't your best work doesn't mean it's not good; it just means that next time you can build on it and improve your skill. Don't let one bad thing make you think that you aren't good. Draw something new, learn a new piece, write something new, try something different; you can do it. Just don't give up. The strongest people can pick themselves when they fall down.

If you do watch the video, I am so sorry for hurting your ears, but I'll have a new music video up next week and I will certainly be comparing the two for quality. I refuse to give up because of one mishap and you shouldn't either.

Let me know in the comments of a time where you fell down on your aspiration and how you picked yourself up, or ven how you plan to pick yourself up.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx


4 comments :

  1. I loved your cover Ashleigh! Thank you so much for this post, its nice to read something like this xx
    Charlotte <3
    http://vieaveccharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my cover. Hopefully I can bring even better content to you soon <3

      Delete
  2. I loved your cover and didn't notice the quality! This post was so inspirational though xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the cover. Hopefully I'll have an even better one to go up this weekend. I'm also glad you enjoyed the post xx:)

      Ashleigh xx

      Delete