Not A Typical Teenager: Being An Extrovert

Sunday, 24 July 2016

Being An Extrovert

Source
I really really enjoy being extroverted. I think it helps me a great deal because we live in an extroverted world. From a young age, we are pushed into classrooms that are sectioned off into groups where everyone is facing eachother and we are forced into conversation. Every school is pushing the importance of teamwork and we are doing less and less work independently.

So what is this post really about. So far I've probably only told you things you already know. Well, I just want to talk about my personal experience and the things I think about being an extrovert. This is my personal opinion, and if you agree or disagree, feel free to comment.

1) It makes life easier
Like I've already said; we live in an extroverted world. Surely being an extrovert is going to make things easier to navigate.

2) People open up to me
I find that people tend to come to me for advice (or at least my close friends do!). This may be just because people feel they can, but I feel it's more likely because I share so much about myself and I don't tend to hide much from other people

3) I'm an open book
This links to the last point, but if I'm feeling something, everybody knows that's how I'm feeling. Partially because, most of the time, I want everyone to know how I'm feeling, and partially because I can't hide how I'm feeling. Even if I need to cry, unfortunately the tears are streaming from my eyes before I can do anything to fight them.

4) I have a great ability for talking to strangers
I will go up to random people just to tell them I like their hair or ask where they got their t shirt from because I like it and I want one. I think this is a good thing because I can by a cute ne t shirt and people know how awesome they look that day and start smiling. Small talk doesn't really phase me at all.

5) My filter kicks in a little late
I will start a sentence and realise I shouldn't really be saying this about halfway through the sentence. This is an issue, because people sometimes already know what's coming next. It hasn't been a huge issue for me, it usually just means I throw some serious shade.

6) I'm practically always talking
I like to talk. I like to find out new things about new people and I like to know more. I ask lots of questions. I really enjoy making conversation with people. Learning about other people and hearing them talk about something they love and watching them get really animated makes me happy.

What do you think of my little list. DO you relate to any of these. Do you dispute that some of these are extroverted traits? Let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

2 comments :

  1. I am an introvert so opposite to you but I really like it, I think that there are positives and negatives for both introverts and extroverts though, it would be boring if we were all the same xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. We need a mixture of people to get different ideas. We all work in different ways.
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete