Not A Typical Teenager: Lush Rub Rub Rub Scrub

Sunday, 17 July 2016

Lush Rub Rub Rub Scrub

Ash, what are you doing? This is not a beauty blog? Well, here's to breaking the stereotype :)

A couple years ago, I was diagnosed with a from of psoriasis called guttate psoriasis. This is a very rare form of psoriasis, as it is estimated approximately a third of the population suffer with eczema or psoriasis, and if you treat this third as 100%, then 2% suffer with the type of psoriasis that I do.

It appears as kind of red spots. I would take a photo, but we'll get to why I can't really do that in a moment. When I was first diagnosed, I had it all over my chest, stomach, arms and back. I have tried all sorts of things. I was given this kind of steroid cream from the doctors which almost every sufferer (not that I suffer much!) is given, but you can only use this once or twice a day. I tried moisturizer which helped but didn't clear it up completely, and varied my body wash to try and clear it up. It got to a level I was okay with and I stopped trying to clear it up and tried to keep it at a level I was happy with.

So why am I telling you all of this? It's not something I've ever shared on my blog before, so why am I sharing it now? Well, at Christmas, one of my friends bought me a scrub from lush called the rub rub rub scrub. I had seen this in lush a couple months before and I really wanted some because it smelled so nice, so when I opened my secret Santa present to discover that I had been bought some, I was thrilled! I was bought a pot of it at Christmas (you can buy a pot of liquid scrub or a block).

I took it home and tried it a few times and it was good, it felt really nice on my skin and I was pretty happy. I was using it probably once a week.

Then, my house ran out of body wash and for a few days I was using just my scrub every time I showered. And it did great things. Before I used this I had managed to limit it to my arms chest and back, but it practically cleared it all! I was shocked by how well it cleared up my skin. If I had known how well it was going to clear up my skin, I would have taken photos to show it.

I've recently bought the scrub bar as well as a moisturizing bar to try. This post is not sponsored by lush, and I never thought I would be posting about anything beauty, but I think this is important, because if you suffer with something skin related, it can hit your confidence and nobody wants that, so I thought I'd tell you about this just in case you have had a similar struggle to me, and perhaps this is something you could try.

just in case your wondering how I'm using these, I wash my body with body wash, then I rub the scrub over the places my psoriasis is worst, and I wash it off, then I use the moisturising bar. I must admit that I find the bar scrub a little better than the pot because it's a lot sturdier and I find I can scrub my skin more thoroughly with it. Plus, I feel there is less waste with the scrub, and I think it lasts longer.

Have you used this scrub? Did you love it as much as me? Do you think you'll use it after reading the comments? Let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

6 comments :

  1. I never tried it but it looks good :D
    Your blog is amazing, congrats!

    Mia | https://my-world-vibes.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it xx
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never tried anything except bathbombs from Lush but this sound so good so I really want to try it now xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It's so nice on your skin xx
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete
  3. LUSH is one of my favorite cosmetic stores by far. I love it to death. I've never tried this out before- I will definitely try it out. I highly recommend their shampoo bars. I use the purple one. My hair has been grease free since.

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Maybe I'll have to try one of those out xx
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete