Not A Typical Teenager: The Blogging Community

Thursday, 11 August 2016

The Blogging Community

I have been a blogger just over 2 years now, and it's been great. I really enjoy blogging and writing about things that are important to me and giving my opinions on different things. I also think that because I abandoned all wordy subjects at A level, it keeps my English at a good level.

Today, I want to talk about the blogging community. I feel that most people in the blogging community are absolutely lovely. In my 2 years blogging, I have not received one bad comment from a fellow blogger. I have received compliments and things that I can do to improve my blog, but no one has had anything bad to say to me, and that's a great thing. This has allowed me to improve my blog without being discouraged by other people.

There is always going to be competition within blogging. There is competition for followers, readers, brand deals, good content, good layout, etc, but it's all done in a good nature. People share their following by allowing guest posts on their blog. Other people can be drawn to bloggers by shout outs on twitter from a popular blogger. Everyone is just so friendly and lovely.

If I had to give one piece of advice to a new blogger, it would be to make sure that you grow you network of other bloggers. Speak to people who blog about similar things to you aswell as people who talk about completely different things. Interact. Comment on blogs, tweet other bloggers. It will definitely be appreciated, and it will possibly be reciprocated. People will notice you are making an effort and you may make some great friends.

What do you think? Do you like the blogging community? Do you want to try blogging? How do you make friends in this area? Let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-typical

Ashleigh xxx

2 comments :

  1. I love the blogging community, I have made so many good friends from it and everyone is so supportive xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. It's a great community to be a part of.
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete