Not A Typical Teenager: The Positivity Box

Sunday, 21 August 2016

The Positivity Box

I've talked a lot on my blog about mental health and issues surrounding mental health stigma. Having never suffered with mental health issues, I don't really know how to help people. So I have decided to launch a project which is, hopefully, going to help a little bit. But for me to help others, I need you to help me

"The Positivity Box" is the title of this project and the idea is that people can order these boxes off of my blog and they are going to be filled with little pick-me-ups. I want to give people little bursts of happiness.

So what do I want to put in these boxes? Well, that's where you come in. If you were to receive a box that was filled with things that were supposed to cheer you up, what would be in it for you? I asked on twitter and these were some of the responses:

"A pillow, hot water bottle, chocolate or a teddy. Any of those 😊"

"A book, notebook, teddy or a poster with a positive quote ☺️"

I'm hoping to have these boxes live on my blog by October and to have a variety of different boxes available. I'm not yet going to disclose the range, but I am really very excited to tell you all about them. I don't yet know how much they are going to cost either. When I first came up with this, I had a few ideas as to what I could put in, but I quickly realized that other people would have different ideas and have different things that make them happy, I thought I would ask my readers.

 Do you like this idea? Do you think you would order one? I can't wait to hear your ideas in the comments or on twitter.

Also, if you're really eager to learn more or tell me more about your own story, please get in touch via email: bracesandglasses128@gmail.com

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx




8 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely idea and I can see it really benefitting some people. I don't have any mental health issues either however I can see these working as a great pick me up for anyone! You could maybe also put in nail polish or something like that?! Only because it could be a good distraction if your not feeling good. Good luck with starting these boxes up!
    Beth x

    bethabigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree that painting your nails is a great distraction. Maybe nail art pens?
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I really like this idea, I don't have mental issues myself and am a naturally positive and happy person, but I think it's really important to learn. I know i if was having a down day I would love a box full of positive and motivational quotes to inspire me to get off my butt and do something to make me happy again. I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go and have a read now :)
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete
  3. This is a great Idea! especially for my self love AKA "me days" to receive such a cute little gift!
    I think putting like a jar of positive affirmations, quotes and encouragements will be great also!
    wishing you all the best,
    ayele
    https://asenseofhomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the idea. Perhaps I will think about a jar of happy thoughts :)
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea! Have you decided to launch yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure. It's something I would love to do but at the moment I don't think is feasible because of my a levels. One day though!
      Ashleigh x

      Delete