Not A Typical Teenager: What Is The Cure To FOMO?

Saturday, 13 August 2016

What Is The Cure To FOMO?

FOMO is a terrible thing. It leaves your head spinning and your eyes watering. You clutch your phone in your hands while staring at a Facebook post filled with faces of people you barely recognize having a great time

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

This is becoming more and more of a thing now. With the rise of social media, FOMO is becoming more and more common. People worry that their social media friends have way better lives than them and that they can't change it. People worry that they are missing out on parties, on adventures, and on the moments that we value most. So what is the cure to FOMO?

GOMO = Going Out More Often

So we can watch all of these people we don't even know have a great time and sit and mope about it, or we can get up and do something about it. Plan your own party, go on picnics, eat some ice cream; make memories. One day we'll get old and wish we cherished these moments we have now a little more. 

Now that summer is nearly halfway through (for me at least), I think it's important I spend my money on the things that I will cherish. Material items are always a temptation to buy, but I think I know what I'll be spending my money on, and what I'll be doing for the rest of this summer, and I'm happy with how I've spent my summer so far.

The first week, I went on residential with some awesome people and helped a university with it's public health research, and last weekend I performed in a festival (I'm the one stood in the really really bright clothes), with my band called the optimists, (give us a cheeky like of Facebook please).

So what have I got in store for the rest of this summer? Well, I'm starting an awesome project which I will tell you guys more about tomorrow. I'm going out for  meal on Wednesday to spend some quality time with one of my best friends. I collect my results this week, and I will be celebrating (or crying), on Thursday night. I'm going to go to the river with my friends, plan a band night and attend a training day for the annual house of commons. (I know I'm a nerd, It's fine).

FOMO is pretty crappy, so let's get rid of it by GOMO.

I would like to thank Eventbrite, for writing to me about this post and inspiring me a little bit, and you for reading this post.

What do you think about FOMO? What are your plans for the rest of the summer? Let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-Typical


Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment