Not A Typical Teenager: What Makes a Great Blog Post

Tuesday, 16 August 2016

What Makes a Great Blog Post

There are blogs everywhere you look on the Internet nowadays. Blogs on every subject you can possibly think of. From gaming to fashion, beauty to motorbikes, there are blogs for everything. So surely by now someone has devised a "perfect" blog post formula. Is there such a thing as a perfect blog post? And if so, what does it need to become a perfect post?

Let's discuss length first of all. I don't write particularly long blog posts. I write  posts that are quite short. This doesn't necessarily make my blog posts bad. Short posts can be better than long posts. It can mean you are being concise and you are less likely to repeat yourself. However, longer blog posts can be just as concise, but have more to say. They can make more concise points than a shorter post. Shorter posts aren't lower quality, they are just shorter.

Another this is photos. I don't tend to use photos, because the topics I talk about don't need photos, and if I do use photos, they aren't usually me own. Do photos make a blog post better? Depends, they can if they are suited to the topic discussed, but otherwise they aren't really necessary, they just look pleasing to the eye.

Talking more about a blog in general, what is the optimum amount to post? I think it changes, and it's up to the blogger themselves and how they feel creatively. If you're having a creative streak, it can be better to write a lot of posts and take advantage of the creativity. It's best to post when you feel you can write a good post.

What do you think? Is there a formula to write the "perfect" post? Let me know in the comments.

Stay Un-typical

Ashleigh xxx

2 comments :

  1. I definitely agree! My process is: plan, draft, photos, edit, preview, schedule! As far as posting goes, I've always posted once a week, but I am going to start posting twice a week. I guess we'll see how that goes! Loved this post! Super helpful. xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a process as thorough as that!
      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete