1) Get the right amount of sleep
2)Be healthy - Diets are short term, a change in lifestyle is easier to maintain
3) Have some 'me' time
4) Spend time with the people who make you happy
5) Rid yourself of toxic people and friendships
6) Keep your living area clean and tidy. Dedicate 10 minutes a day to tidying
8) Stop procrastinating! You will feel so much better in the evening if you have done something productive with your day.
9) Try something new
10) Spend some time outside
11) Set yourself small goals. You'll feel great when you achieve them.
12) Start a project.
13) Spend less time on social media - if you find it easier to come off social media completely for a while, then you can do that too.
14) Live in the present
15) Allow yourself to feel your negative emotions - just don't let them consume you.
16) Buy yourself something you have wanted for a while. It doesn't have to be a big thing, it can be something like a CD.
17) Do something selfless e.g. buy some food for the food bank
18) Remember that you are the most important person in your life
19) Listen to more music that gives you shivers down your spine. This changes for each individual, and my list went up on Thursday. To read that, click here
20) Be yourself. Don't change for other people.
I hope this list helps a little, and if you have any further tips to add, feel free to leave them in the comments.
I made sure not to say "don't do things that make you unhappy", because sometimes that can be unavoidable, but just remember that the sooner you do them, the better.