Not A Typical Teenager: Songs That Give Me Frissons

Thursday, 29 September 2016

Songs That Give Me Frissons

Frissons has the dictionary definition of "a sudden strong feeling of excitement or fear; a thrill." However, I have recently heard that this song can be applied to listening to music.

I don't know whether this is something everyone experiences, but I'm going to try my best to explain it. Musical frissons is when you listen to a song or piece of music and it gives you goose bumps or makes you hair stand on end. It can be because the beat is really good or the lyrics mean something to you, it doesn't matter how. I had experienced this lots but I didn't quite know how to describe it until I read about frissons.

The thing that fascinates me is that every person who experiences frissons experiences them to different songs, and that is amazing to me for some reason. So I thought today, I would share what songs I find give me frissons:

1) 17 Crimes - AFI

2) Blank Space - Taylor Swift

3) Every Time We Touch - Cascada

4) Cool For The Summer - Demi Lovato

5) Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding

6) Freckles and Constellations - Dodie Clark (her YouTube is here)

7) Hands To Myself - Selena Gomez

8) Heart by Heart - Demi Lovato

9) When You Love Someone - James TW

10) Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall

11) Let Her Go - Passenger

12) Lie to Make Me Like You - Maisie Peters (look her up on YouTube here)

13) Misery Business - Paramore

14) Riptide - cover by Vitamin String Quartet

15) Stitches - Shawn Mendes

16) Sick of Losing Soulmates - Dodie Clark

17) Some You Win - Nina Nesbitt

18) Closer - The Chainsmokers

19) Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

20) Toothpaste Kisses - The Maccabees

21) City of Blinding Lights - U2

22) Waiting - Jamie Campbell Bower

23) The Hardest Part - Nina Nesbitt

Let me know in the comments if you listen to any of these songs and experience the same thing, and tell me what songs give you frissons.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment