Not A Typical Teenager: Haze: My Own Perfume

Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Haze: My Own Perfume

Today has been a day I have been very excited about since August last year, when I reached out to a start up fragrance company called Fragrance By Me; a company which allows you to design and buy your own fragrance. They were looking for bloggers to review the experience and, as the idea of creating a perfume really appealed to me, I signed up and was accepted, and I was so glad that I did.


To do this, I was asked to visit the website and fill out some forms. You fill out what fragrances you like the smell of, and tells you what notes are in them. Then you get to pick the notes you want in your own scent. You can go for sweet or oceanic etc. There are lots of different notes to chose from. Within that, you get to chose what things within those notes you want your perfume to smell like. This allows the company to create 3 different scents. One scent is based on what you picked and the other two are based on other fragrances you like.

These come in little tester bottles. When I received mine, I took them absolutely everywhere with me. I wanted an opinion off of everyone I knew as to which of the three was their favourite. I wanted to pick a scent which I liked, but also one which other people liked. Eventually, I decided on fragrance number one. I informed the company which one was my favourite and they told me I could take it to the next level and actually release this perfume as a product.

The thought of this really excited me, as I find smelling good so confidence boosting and I personally find it really important. I was told that I would need to design a logo, take some photos and write a description.

This took a lot of time. I am terrible at art, and so I reached out to one of my friends and asked them to design me a logo that looked like a city skyline (her DeviantArt page is here. She is incredibly good at drawing). I picked this logo as I wanted it to be a fragrance you could wear out in the day and night. It was based of this image of me walking through a bustling city centre with lots of shopping, wrapped up in lots of clothes, and drinking a hot chocolate while walking back to the train.

After I sent all of this off, I received a bottle of my perfume to take photos of and I had to send photos off to put on the website. Finally, all of the work has paid off and you can now ACTUALLY PURCHASE MY FRAGRANCE HERE.

Overall, I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who loves perfume. I really enjoyed making my own perfume, and if you think you would, you can find out more here.

Do you think you'll try this out? Does it sound interesting? Will you be purchasing my fragrance? Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Stay Un-Typical

Ashleigh xxx


1 comment :

  1. This is so cool! This sounds like such an amazing experience xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete